Fred M. Lee
Books by this Speaker
This speaker's honorarium
starts within this price range:
$9,001 - $12,000
speaker inquiry form.
regarding any speaker,
please call us at
Fred M. Lee, Speaker/Author
Fred Lee has the enviable distinction of having been both a senior vice president of a major medical center and a cast member at Disney. At Disney he helped develop and facilitate Disney's 3-day healthcare seminar, and its additional seminar on "Customer Loyalty". Using an insider's experience and a keen eye for cultural comparisons, he authored the healthcare all-time best seller, IF DISNEY RAN YOUR HOSPITAL: 9 1/2 Things You Would Do Differently, which was awarded the ACHE 2005 Book of the Year. Disney recruited him because of his expertise in helping hospitals achieve a culture that inspires patient and employee loyalty. He now shares his insights with healthcare groups all over the world.
More about this speaker:
Fred’s book, If Disney Ran Your Hospital, has over 350,000 copies in print in the English language, over 60,000 in Dutch, over 10,000 in Portuguese and over 5,000 in Korean.
Fred Lee is a nationally recognized expert and advisor in patient relations and service excellence. His seminars are dynamic, inspiring, and immensely practical. He motivates healthcare managers as well as front line staff by talking their language and having walked in their shoes. He can also lead an organization through a comprehensive cultural change based on the Baldrige Award criteria that builds patient loyalty through dedication to exceptional service, continuous improvement, and effective feedback systems.
Fred began his healthcare career at Shawnee Mission Medical Center in Shawnee Mission, Kansas, a suburb of Kansas City. During his five years there as vice president for marketing and development, he won several national awards for innovative approaches to patient satisfaction and loyalty. He was then recruited to be senior vice president at Florida Hospital (now over 2,100 beds) where he developed a nationally acclaimed guest relations program for hospitals.
As Fred’s reputation in the industry grew, and other hospitals sought out his expertise in developing their own strategies, he left Florida Hospital and formed his own healthcare marketing and service excellence company which has provided consulting or training services to over 300 hospitals worldwide.
Highlights of his subsequent career include:
- This year, the newly appointed Secretary of Veterans Affairs, Robert McDonald has tapped Fred Lee to serve on an external advisory board to help revitalize the nation’s veteran and family healthcare experience
- Became a trained facilitator for the Baldrige Award self-assessment process
- Author of the all-time best selling healthcare leadership book If Disney Ran Your Hospital: 9 ½ Things You Would Differently
- Multiple international speaking tours to the Netherlands, Europe and Australia
- One of the featured speakers at a TEDx conference in Mastricht, Netherlands, on innovative models in healthcare available on YouTube
- Joined Dick Ireland in the Snowmass Institute to teach a 40-hour course in Healthcare Communications that was the leading source of education for healthcare communicators in the 1980s.
- Authored a handbook for healthcare service line management which was purchased and used in over 300 hospitals.
- Asked by the American Management Association’s Healthcare Division to develop and teach their first certificate course for healthcare managers in service line marketing.
- Invited by Disney University to help develop and facilitate a health-care version of the 3-day seminar, "Disney’s Approach to Quality Service" and "Customer Loyalty".
Comments from recent presentations:
"Presentation held my attention for the entire day” - Flint, MI
"Great! I am very much inspired" - The Netherlands
"The best conference I have attended. Thank you for bringing a national speaker to our state conference" - Columbus, OH
"I did not want him to stop , I could have listened to him all day.” WOW did we learn a lot. He put into words what we could not get across to our staff about compassion. I liked him from the m inute he started to talk. He is a great teacher. He was right for our team at this time. He really understands our work. Mr Lee can help us move to the next level." - Davis, CA
"Inspired, wish he could have had more time." - Panama City, FL
"Fred Lee made me laugh, cry, and think!" - Sayre, PA
"Dynamic. Powerful. Enthusiastic presentation and powerful message!" - Melbourne, Australia
For additional information regarding this speaker, please call (406) 586-8775.