RN, PHN, MPA/HSA
This speaker's honorarium
starts within this price range:
$3,000 - $6,000
speaker inquiry form.
regarding any speaker,
please call us at
Joyce Hyam, RN, PHN, MPA/HSA
Joyce teaches you the tools to gain more clarity on what you want for yourself, your team, your customers, your patients and your organization. You will discover easy ways to achieve your desired outcomes. A more joyful outlook will be the result for you and the entire organization and the people for whom you provide services. Change is a constant and how we handle it can make all the difference in our happiness. Begin a habit of positive expectation and see the amazing results.
More about this speaker:
- Discover how to reset the mind and promote well-being in any setting or situation
- Listen for cues to enhance understanding, teaching and responding
- Enhance teamwork and collaboration
- Understand the mind-body connection
- Develop positive mindset and communication habits
The Training Participants Will Be Able To:
- Identify what words to eliminate and what words to use in thoughts and in verbal and written communication to enhance wellbeing and positivity
- Explain and demonstrate how healthcare professionals can positively influence patient and colleague attitudes, behaviors and outcomes utilizing the tools
- Name the four communication styles and demonstrate how best to communicate with each one
- Describe and demonstrate ways to develop rapport with each communication style
- Explain the unique characteristics of each communication style and how best to work with each one
- Describe how and explain why the conscious and subconscious mind interprets information and how to use this information in the healthcare setting
- Demonstrate ways to use positive communication tools to develop better connections with patients and colleagues
Joyce Hyam, MPA/HSA, BSN,RN, PHN provides speaking, Training, Presentations, Seminars, Coaching, and Consultation for healthcare organizations and businesses, conventions, conferences, professional associations, and other events. In the healthcare setting communication (verbal and non-verbal) is the key ingredient when giving and receiving information to and from colleagues, patients, and their family members. Clear communication and listening skills are important for teaching, treating, and practicing prevention. This leads to better treatment and recovery. The result is performance improvement for the organization and enhanced patient satisfaction. Joyce also teaches strategies for improving productivity and positivity. These strategies will make a positive impact on the results. Discovering what words to use and which ones to eliminate will enhance patient and staff wellbeing. In the healthcare environment this will lead to better outcomes for patients and will result in improved morale for staff. She uses examples and stories to bring across the information in a clear and practical manner. Joyce teaches communication skills so people learn how to apply optimal instant rapport techniques within their healthcare organization.
- Discover how to communicate clearly with anyone
- Develop keener listening skills
- Sometimes we find out that someone misunderstood our intentions, our instructions and communication breaks down
- Learn easy ways to communicate with all communication styles since there is a 75% chance you are communicating with others who have a different style than your own
- Discover easy ways to build instant rapport with your colleagues, your team, your patients, their loved ones
- Learn how these tools enhance your marketing messages and improve understanding
- The result is clear communication and the results you want
The Happiness Factor:
- Discover ways to enhance employee retention and engagement
- Create a more joyful team experience using these positive tools
- Learn how to apply happiness habits for you and your organization
*View Full List of Presentations Below
Joyce works with healthcare audiences across the country including Stanford Hospital and Clinics. She uses accelerated learning techniques so everyone will relate to the material and can begin to use it immediately. Joyce has a BSN from the City University of New York and a Masters in Public Administration with a specialty in Health Services from the University of San Francisco. She is a registered nurse and a public health nurse. She has been in healthcare for over 30 years and founded a successful healthcare organization which was sold to a healthcare conglomerate. Her experience includes being on boards of national and local healthcare organizations.
My Inspiration to Become a Nurse NurseTogether.com
For additional information regarding this speaker, please call (406) 586-8775.